Are you a beauty enthusiast or have weak sight and love contact lenses? If yes, you would think of wearing mascara while using contact lenses, Because mascara adds beauty to your eyes by making lashes voluminous, lengthy, and curlier.
Many types of mascara available in the market are often loaded with harsh constituents and chemicals that are unsuitable for sensitive eyes and eyes wearing contact lenses. But there is no need to worry about wearing mascara. The only thing you would have to do is to find the best mascara that is suitable for sensitive eyes and eyes wearing contact lenses and leave the wrong mascara.
For this purpose, you should choose mascara that contains non-toxic and natural constituents, easy to apply, and is durable. Here we provide a quick list and reviews of the 11 best mascaras for contact lens wearers after deep research and analysis. We found # 11 the top rated and #3 the runner-up, and #7 the most secure.
1. Best Clump-Free Mascara for Contact lens wearers: Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara
The formulation of this mascara contains rice protein, olive oil, and vitamin E. So this gives high nourishment to your lashes. It would give full length to your lashes. It doesn’t clump and smudge. It can be used regularly. Its soft brush would give your lashes a good curl from roots to top. Ophthalmologists and dermatologists have approved it for contact lens wearers. It is available in the market in 3 different shades to select your favorite shade. It is easy to remove with soap, water, or a good makeup remover.
- · Available in different shades
- Ophthalmologists approved
- · Contains natural ingredients
- Takes 2-3 coats for perfect application
2. Best Eyelashes Lengthening Mascara for Contact Lens Wearers: Burt’s Bees Nourishing Mascara
If you want a mascara that should be black-brown and waterproof, then this mascara would be a good choice for you. This mascara would elongate your eyelashes. It contains different natural constituents like glycerin and jojoba oil that would nourish and condition your eyelashes. The formula is 100% natural with no phthalates, petrolatum, parabens, SLS, or synthetic scents. So, it is the perfect formulation for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- Oily to a small extent
3. Best Vegan-Friendly Mascara For Contact Lens Wearers: Endlessly Beautiful All-natural Mascara
If you are looking for organic, vegan-friendly, and lightweight mascara, you should opt for this mascara. The formula is infused with natural components like coffee powder, vitamin E, chamomile, etc. It is waterproof and stays for a long period. It would make your lashes voluminous even with its single stroke. It is smudge-proof and cruelty-free. Make this mascara a part of your makeup without hesitation because it is very suitable for contact lens wearers.
- Having a strong smell
4. Best Cruelty-Free Mascara for Contact lens wearers: Wet N Wild Mega Length Mascara
The formulation of this mascara is enriched with vitamin E, which nourishes your lashes. Its precision brush combs each lash from root to tip and makes lashes elegant. So you can attain desired shape and curl of your lashes. It also helps you lengthen your eyelashes. This mascara doesn’t flake and smudge. Different ophthalmologists have also approved it for contact lens wearers.
- Takes time to dry
5. Best Flake-Free Mascara For Contact lens wearers: Secret Xpress Control 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara
This mascara is flake-freeIts waterproof formulation is fit for all types of skin. It would add length and volume to your lashes and make your eyes attractive. Its formula is hypoallergenic, having no eye-irritating constituents. It would stay all day. It is smudge-proof. It is easy to wear. Many ophthalmologists have declared it safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- For all skin types
- Stays up to 24 hours
- Takes time to remove
6. Best Hypoallergenic Mascara for Contact lens wearers: Fifth & Skin Naturlash Mineral Mascara
This mascara is available in black and brown shades. It would make your lashes thick and lengthy. It would give you a perfect look in a single coat. It is fully natural and non-toxic, so it is safe for sensitive eyes. It is lead-free, mercury-free, and dye-free. Its formula is 100% waterproof. It would stay for a longer period. It is too safe for contact lens wearers & Eye disorders like blepharitis, delicate eyes, and dry eyes.
- Natural and non-toxic
- Vegan friendly
- Makes lashes very thick
7. Best Water-Resistant Mascara For Contact Lens Wearers: Blinc Amplified Tubing Mascara
This water-resistant mascara form tube around each lash so it covers each lash perfectly and is considered unique. It would not run down your face. It is smudge-proof, smear-proof, and fade-proof. It would stay for a long time. This mascara would be the best option for women who want a mascara that should be fade-proof, smudge-proof, water-proof, flake-free, and safe for contact lens wearers.
- Doesn’t run off
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
- Heavy to a small extent
8. Best Long-Lasting Mascara for contact lens wearers: Honest Beauty Extreme Length Mascara
This product performs two actions. It not only performs the job of mascara but also acts as a primer. It would give you fuller, lengthening, and voluminous lashes in its single application. It contains jojoba esters and is free from silicone, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, parabens, and paraffin. It is the most secure for sensitive skin and eyes. It is very suitable for contact lens wearers. It would impart rich black color to your lashes.
- Free from toxic chemicals
- Dermatologists and ophthalmologists tested
- Bristles on mascara and primer applicators are short
9. Best Ophthalmologist Tested mascara for contact lens wearers: L’oreal Paris Makeup Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara
This is lengthening mascara that will give your lashes an intense length. Its formulation is made in such a way that keeps the lashes separate and makes them stunning. Ophthalmologists have tested it against allergenic reactions and for sensitive eyes. It has also been approved for contact lens wearers. It has a unique tapering brush that applies mascara from the roots to the tips of the lashes. This carbon-pigmented mascara would give you a gorgeous look even in a single coat.
- The most secure for sensitive eyes
- Exist in 5 different shades
- Has advanced tapering brush
- Its tapering brush takes time to apply
10. Best Thickening Mascara for Contact lens wearers: Maybelline Full ‘n Soft Washable Mascara
As the name indicates, this is soft and easily removable mascara, so it prevents eyelashes fall. Its formulation is enriched with Vitamin E, which nourishes your eyelashes. It would give your eyes a natural and dramatic look by imparting volume, length, and thickness to your lashes. It would stay for a long time because it has super-staying power. It does not irritate contact lens wearers. It is completely cruelty-free.
- Exist in 3 different shades
- Smudge-free and flake-free
- Takes time to wear
11. Best mascara for old age contact lens wearers BOOM! Bright Pro Age Mascara – BOOM! by Cindy Joseph Mascara
This mascara has been made using an exclusive water-based formulation. Old-age women can use it without any reluctance. It contains hypoallergenic and hydrating ingredients that keep your eyes secure and your lashes moisturized. Its exclusive tapering brush defines the lashes and keeps them separate too. This mascara’s entirely suitable, lenient black color balances every skin tone and hair shade without looking severe. It is flake-free and doesn’t smudge or smear. It is not only long-lasting but also easily removable. It doesn’t cause allergies in eyes with contact lenses.
- Good for all skin tones
- Good for all hair shades
- Hypoallergenic and moisturizing
- Expensive to some extent
The products stated here are trustworthy and boost your eyelashes with no trouble. But you should read the following points before spending on mascara. These ideas may help you in selecting the right mascara for your eyelashes.
How to Pick The Best Mascara For Contact Lens Wearers?
- It should be non-allergenic mascara. Spend on mascara that has been approved and dermatologists and ophthalmologists because these are tested products and safe for sensitive eyes and eyes having contact lenses. These products are free from toxic chemicals and are usually made of natural ingredients.
- It should be water-resistant because mascara having a waterproof formulation doesn’t run off in the case of watery eyes, contact lens solution, and tears.
- It should be long-lasting. It means it should stay for a long time. It should be fade-proof and smear-free.
- It should be of high quality. High-quality mascara makes your lashes lengthy and voluminous. It nourishes and conditions the eyelashes. It contains different natural and nourishing ingredients. It dries easily. It is non-toxic. It doesn’t irritate the eyes. You should consider these things before buying mascara.
How to Apply Mascara On Eyes With Contact Lenses?
- You should wear lenses before wearing mascara.
- Take high-quality mascara that takes no time to dry.
- Now start applying the mascara l gently on the eyelashes
- Apply the mascara in three to four coats.
- Put the tapering end of the mascara brush at the lashes’ roots and move it towards the tips in a C-shaped direction.
Things To Avoid While Applying Mascara On Eyes With Contact Lenses
The following things should be avoided while applying mascara on eyes having contact lenses.
- Using mascara having fibers
- Bring the mascara brush too near to the eyes
- Application of mascara with robust strokes
- Using mascara having oil-based constituents
Mascara is an eye makeup item that can support you to generate different eye appearances. Several mascaras exist in the marketplace for diverse purposes. Guessing the best mascara can be tough for contact lens wearers. In this scenario, you must use a hypoallergenic formulation free from toxic chemicals. The above-reviewed items are secure for usage and extremely pigmented. They also support enhancing the length and volume of your eyelashes. Always choose natural, waterproof, and non-toxic mascara.
Why Should You Trust Us?
The writer is a beauty enthusiast and loves to test different beauty products. The reviews are written after investigation and research. The writer also explores the different online platforms to know users’ opinions about the products. The above products are recommended if you are a contact lens wearer.
If are like to wear contact lenses or you are a person having weak eyesight, you should not bother about wearing the mascaras while using contact lenses. We provide you list and reviews of different mascaras that are safe for contact lens wearers and hypoallergenic. These mascaras have been shortlisted after thorough research. We found the mascara at #11 top-rated, #3 runner- Up and #6 the most secure.